A. PERSONAL DATA
Name: Uzokwe, Chinwe Adaugo (Nee Oti)
State of origin: Abia State
Marital Status: Married
B. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
MSc, Public Health Nutrition, University of Southampton, United Kingdom (2015)
BSc, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State (2010)
C. WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
Position: Assistant Lecturer (June, 2015 till date)
Assist professors in delivery of assigned undergraduates’ courses
Co-ordination of undergraduates’ seminars
Assist in the supervision of students’ projects
Academic advisor to assigned students
2. Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike
Position: Graduate Assistant (Sept 2012 Till May 2015) 2
Computation of Undergraduates results
Academic advisor to assigned students
Discharge of other duties assigned by the Head of Department
D. MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
1. Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria.
2. Associate Member, UK Association for Nutrition (ID: 11232)
3. Member, American Society of Nutrition (ID: 56505)
1. Ukegbu,P.O., Uwaegbute, A.C., Iwelumora, A., Echendu, C.A., Ejile, C. C., Anyika-Elekeh, J.U., Asumugha, V.U., Abasiekong, K.S., Omodamiro, S., Chukwunonso, E.E. Nwofia, B. and Uzokwe, C., Nliam, C. O.and Uwakwe, N. (2017). Obesity and associated factors in young adults attending tertiary institutions in South-Eastern Nigeria. South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition 30:2,43-48.
2. Echendu, C.A. and Uzokwe, C.A. (2015). Effects of processing on the vitamin composition, anti-nutritional factors and microbial load of African yam bean. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences 36: 12-20
3. Echendu, C.A., Uzokwe, C.A. and Amalaha R.O. (2015). Nutrient properties and sensory properties of cakes produced from African yam bean, cassava and wheat flour blends. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences 36: 21-27.
4. Ukegbu,P.O., Uwaegbute, A.C., Anyika-Elekeh, J.U., Echendu, C.A., Asumugha, V.U., Oti, C. and Nwofia, B. (2014). Contribution of snacks to energy and nutrient intake of Nigerian University Students. Journal of the American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 114(9): A82. Available at: http://www.andjrnl.org/article/S2212-2672(14)00907-1/pdf
5. Ukegbu,P.O., Iwelumora, A., Echendu, C.A., Anyika-Elekeh, J.U., Asumugha, V.U.,Uwaegbute, A.C., Omodamiro, S.,Abasiekong, K.S., Chukwunonso, E.E. Nwofia, B. and Oti, C. 2014. Assessment of lipid profile of a group of undergraduates in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences 35: 11-18.
F. CONFERENCES ATTENDED
38th, 39th, 40th, 42th and 47th Annual Conference of the Nutrition Society of Nigeria in 2007, 2008,2009, 2012, 2017 respectively. 3
G. WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
15-19th June, 2015 Capacity Development Workshops in Molecular Biosciences and Biotechnology by the Centre for Molecular Biosciences and Biotechnology, MOUAU.
22nd Feb., 2014 Disaster in Global Health: Best Intentions, Blind Interventions by Medicin Global Health Local Action, Southampton, United Kingdom.
22nd May, 2013 The Use of WHO Anthro-Software for the Assessment of Nutritional Status by Nutrition Society of Nigeria, Abia State Chapter.
4th-8th March, 2013 5-day Training on Food Quality and Safety Management Systems Training Course, Organised by Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, In collaboration
With McGill University, Montreal, Canada.
H. SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Award at the University of Southampton (Sept 2013- Dec 2014).
Best Graduating Student, Department of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State (2010)
I. SHORT COURSES
Merit in Research Communication, AuthorAID, 3rd October- 20th November, 2017.
J. DETAILS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE AT UNIVERSITY LEVEL FROM 2012 TILL DATE
(1) Human Anatomy, Physiology And Pathology II
(2) Nutritional Evaluation of Foods and Diets
(3) Nutrition Planning and Policy
(4) Public Health Nutrition
(5) Human Nutrition and Biochemistry